What's going on with my Social Security Disability Claim?
- Farmer & Wright filed your an initial application with Social Security Administration (SSA), and we are waiting to hear back.
- If you contacted Farmer & Wright after filing your application, we have notified SSA we are representing you in the process.
- It takes, on average, 2-3 months for us to get a decision back on an initial filing.
- There is, unfortunately, there is nothing any law firm can do to speed up the process.
- Social Security Administration will send a set of forms in which you need to be completed and mail back to SSA.
- These forms are:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Function Report
- Pain Report
- Work History
- Farmer & Wright can assist you with these forms when you receive them. Email us at VIP@farmerwright.com to set up an appointment with our office.
- The Social Security Administration (SSA) may request for you to have a medical exam (also known as a CE), then the response might take a little longer.
- SSA will respond with the decision via USPS.
- There is nothing you need to worry about at this point.
- Continue your medical treatment and reporting it to our disability hotline: 844-369-9776
- You do not need to worry about forwarding us paperwork from the Social Social Administration. We will get copies of everything.
Request your free copy of our book
Understanding Social Security Disability
Knowledge is power. If your Social Security Disability claim has been denied, it is vital for you to understand your rights and how to fight your denial. Now is not the time to give up! Request our FREE book, Understanding Social Security Disability to learn how to win.