What's going on with my Social Security Disability Claim?
- Farmer & Wright is requesting a disability hearing. This is the step where we have the most success.
- Your primary concern is getting all required medical treatment and report those appointments to our Disability Treatment Hotline: 1-844-369-9776
- Farmer & Wright use this information to obtain all of your medical records.
- This is why it is very important when you go to ANY appointment to let our Disability Treatment Hotline (1-844-369-9776) know.
- Farmer & Wright does not want to forget a health care provider when it comes to your Hearing, which is why you should call the hotline.
- Any changes in medication should be reported to the hotline as well.
- Farmer & Wright submits ALL of the paperwork to Social Security Administration (SSA) at this point.
- You do not have to complete forms or speak with SSA.
- You do not have to alert our office when they receive letters. We will receive them as well.
- Unfortunately, we have to wait for a hearing date at this time.
- There is nothing any law firm can do that can speed up the process.
- The wait could be 9-12 months long. The wait starts when we request a hearing, not when you started the process.
- You will receive notice at least 75 days before the Hearing, so you do not have to worry about missing the Hearing.
- The hearing office has thousands of cases. They schedule the cases by request for Hearing date. First in, First out.
When the hearing office receives the case:
- The Acknowledgement of Receipt of Case mailed out when the hearing office receives the request.
- There is a video teleconference objection statement in the packet.
- You do NOT have to complete that notice. You do not have to forward the forms to us.
- The next thing you will receive is a Pre-Hearing Questionnaire.
- You do NOT have to complete this either.
- Farmer & Wright will complete those forms and send them to the hearing office. They do not have to forward the forms to us.
- If you are receiving those forms, that is GREAT news! It lets us know that case has been “worked up”/put in order and ready to schedule for a hearing.
- Once the hearing office has an open date, they will schedule the Hearing automatically.
Request your free copy of our book
Understanding Social Security Disability
Knowledge is power. If your Social Security Disability claim has been denied, it is vital for you to understand your rights and how to fight your denial. Now is not the time to give up! Request our FREE book, Understanding Social Security Disability to learn how to win.