Reliable Immigration Attorneys in Paducah, Kentucky

Do you have immigration concerns? Farmer & Wright immigration attorneys in Paducah, KY, assist individuals, families, and businesses with immigration law: obtaining a Green Card, work permits, becoming a U.S. citizen, applying for refugee status and asylum, stopping deportation, and pleading cases in the Immigration Court.

Todd Farmer and Sam Wright have tirelessly helped countless families in Paducah, Hopkinsville, Louisville, Bowling Green, & Elizabethtown, Kentucky. If you need help with your immigration status, consult with our Paducah immigration attorneys today.


Why Do I Need an Immigration Attorney?

The legal process regarding immigration laws can be lengthy and complicated. When making a decision about your immigration status, you must work with an experienced and reliable attorney to get the best results. 

With years of experience in the legal field, Farmer & Wright offers comprehensive legal advice to a wide range of clients in Paducah and nearby areas in Kentucky. 

How Can I Get a Green Card Through Family Relationships?

The most common way to get a green card is through a family relationship. You might qualify for a green card if you’re a spouse, child, or parents of a lawful permanent resident or U.S. citizen. You may also be eligible for lawful permanent residence if you’re a sister or brother of a U.S. citizen.

If you’re considering immigration to the U.S. through a family member, you may do so through one of the four preference categories:

First preference (F1)

This preference is for those who are at least 21 years old and are the unmarried children of U.S. citizens.

Second preference (F2A & F2B)

The second preference is for the spouses of green card holders (F2A) and unmarried children. Children under 21 years old can apply under F2A, while those over 21 should apply for F2B.

Third preference (F3)

The third preference is for married children of U.S. citizens.

Fourth preference (F4)

The fourth preference is for siblings of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old.

The paperwork involved in processing a family-based immigration petition can be overwhelming. To avoid unnecessary delays, work with an experienced Paducah immigration attorney today. 


How Can I Get a Green Card Through Employment?

Hiring workers from foreign countries is a great way to address labor shortages for many businesses and companies in Kentucky, but obtaining a green card through employment is not an easy feat. 

An employer must first demonstrate that there is a need to hire someone outside of the U.S. because no one already in the U.S. is qualified to do the work. 

If you wish to apply for an employment-based visa, there are five categories from which you can choose:

First Preference EB-1 Visa Category

To qualify for this category, you must be a non-citizen with extraordinary ability, a researcher or professor, or a particular multinational executive or manager. Each category has specific requirements that you must meet, but the extraordinary ability is usually proven by showing sustained national or international acclaim.

Second Preference EB-2 Visa Category

EB-2 visas are usually for individuals who hold advanced degrees or their equivalent. This also applies to those with exceptional ability in sciences, arts, or business. 

Third Preference EB-3 Visa Category

EB-3 visas are for foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals. 

  • “Skilled workers” are individuals whose jobs require at least two years of training or experience.
  • “Professionals” are individuals whose jobs require at least a U.S. college degree or its foreign equivalent and are members of those professions.
  • “Other workers” include individuals performing unskilled labor that requires less than two years of education, training, or experience.

Fourth Preference EB-4 Visa Category

Special immigrants may qualify for an EB-4 Visa if they’re on of the following:

  • Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJs)
  • Religious workers
  • Certain broadcasters
  • Certain retired officers or employees of NATO-6 or civilian employees and their family members
  • Members of the U.S. armed forces
  • Certain employees of the U.S. government who are abroad, including their family members
  • Government employees of Panama Canal Company or Canal Zone
  • Certain physicians licensed and practicing medicine in the U.S.
  • Afghan or Iraqi translators 
  • Afghans who were employed by the U.S. government or International Security Assistance Force
  • Iraqis who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government

Fifth Preference EB-5 Visa Category

The EB-5 Program is administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security or USCIS. Investors and their spouses and unmarried children under 21 are eligible for a Green Card under this program. To qualify, they must:

  • Invest in a U.S. commercial enterprise
  • Create ten permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers. 

Naturalization & Citizenship

Getting citizenship in the U.S. comes with plenty of benefits. The process can be arduous, but our reliable Paducah immigration lawyers are here to help. 

Who Can Apply for U.S. Citizenship?

Permanent residents can apply for citizenship must be:

  • 18 years of age or older
  • Have a good moral character
  • Living in the U.S. for a continuous period
  • Have an understanding of the U.S. government and history
  • Have the ability to read, write, and communicate in basic English

Applicants must also be Green Card holders for at least five years or three years for lawful permanent residents who obtained their green card through marriage to a U.S. citizen.

Can I Stop Deportation?

If you’re living in the U.S. as an undocumented immigrant or have overstayed your visa, you might be at risk of being deported from the U.S. At Farmer & Wright, we have experienced immigration lawyers who can work with you and help you stay in the U.S. 

Our immigration attorneys in Paducah, KY, can request an asylum or deportation cancellation for you or your loved one. Schedule a consultation with us to see how we can help. 


Can I File for Asylum?

If returning to your native country will put you at risk due to persecution or safety reasons, you may be eligible to file an asylum claim in the U.S.

Our compassionate asylum attorneys at Farmer & Wright can work with you to protect your rights and safety. Call our law firm to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our Paducah immigration attorneys. We will help you identify the best way to proceed in seeking asylum in the United States.

Who is Qualified for Temporary Protected Status?

Temporary Protected Status or TPS is available for residents of certain countries undergoing severe economic hardship, warfare, or other concerns that make it unsafe for their citizens abroad to return home. 

Obtaining TPS status makes you unremovable from the U.S. This means that you cannot be deported. You may also receive travel and work authorization in the U.S. 

If you need help applying for Temporary Protected Status, our experienced immigration lawyers in Paducah, Kentucky, are available to help you. 

Comprehensive Legal Advice for Immigrants

By working with an experienced legal team, you will likely save time and money. Our Paducah immigration attorneys are dedicated to providing you with the solution possible for your case. We understand the legal process and steps required to accomplish your immigration goals. When you come to us, we will work hard to achieve a favorable outcome as soon as possible. 

Do You Need a Kentucky Immigration Attorney?

If you are worried about your legal status or have immigration concerns, our immigration law firm in Paducah, Kentucky, is here to help. Our reliable immigration attorneys can help you apply for a visa, petition your family member, apply for VAWA, DACA, and more. Our firm can also help you with filing bankruptcypersonal injury claims, and disability claims.

Don’t wait until it is too late! Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer today to get the legal help you need. 

Kentucky Bankruptcy Attorneys

Call Us Today

We are committed to your privacy. By submitting, you agree the phone number you provided may be used to contact you by the law firm and its affiliates (including autodialed, pre-recorded calls or text messages). If you want us to contact, you without consenting to these methods of communication, feel free to call our numbers.

Paducah Social Security Disability Attorney

We tell you what to do


Request our FREE book today!

Social Security Disability Claim Denied?

Hopkinsville Kentucky Bankruptcy Lawyer

The Road to Recovery


Request our FREE book today!

Struggling with debt? Find out how to get back on

Kentucky Personal Injury Attorneys

We tell you what to do


Request our FREE book today!

Injured in a vehicle accident, slip & fall or dog bite?

Bankruptcy Attorneys
Thank you letter
Bankruptcy Law Firm Reviews

Choose a Location

Which location would you like to meet us at?

Scroll to Top