Green Card for Fiancé(e) Visas

Green Card Lawyer in Paducah, Kentucky

Uprooting your life to another country can prove to be challenging, especially if you are going through it alone. This is why some people encourage their fiancés or fiancées to obtain green cards and fiancé visas to have them follow suit in the new chapter of their lives. However, the process can be quite complicated, which is why having a fiance green card lawyer from Kentucky is necessary.

A green card is an immigrant visa for permanent residency which comes with certain privileges. This allows a foreign individual, in this case, a fiancé or fiancée, to work and live permanently in the United States. Individuals who wish to obtain a green card usually have a sponsor or go through other methods of obtaining this. For a smoother process, having an immigration lawyer is helpful to weave through the various documents and deadlines. 

Seasoned fiancé Green Card Lawyer from Kentucky

Sponsoring your fiancé(e) to obtain a green card may consume a lot of time. Avoid missing essential documents and prevent mishaps earlier on your application by working with an experienced Kentucky immigration lawyer to guide you through the process and avoid any sort of confusion. A fiancé green card lawyer from Paducah can meticulously walk you through the whole application and help you make a wiser decision. 

Get in touch with a fiancé green card lawyer from Kentucky at Farmer & Wright, PLLC. The seasoned attorneys from the law firm employ a more personalized strategy for each of their clients’ situations to obtain the best outcome possible. Apart from immigration, the firm also offers legal services in bankruptcy and personal injury. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney from Farmer & Wright, PLLC now. 

Why do I need a fiancé Green Card Lawyer in Kentucky?

fiance green card lawyer kentuckyWhile the notion of wanting to bring your financé(e) with you to the United States sound enticing, expect plenty of hurdles along the way. The immigration process can be quite tedious. Attempting to go through it without proper guidance might just leave you frustrated from the delays, changes in policy, or a language barrier (in some cases). Don’t suffer through the confusion alone. Get in touch with a committed fiancé green card lawyer in Kentucky. 

If you’re wondering what a lawyer can do for you in this scenario, firstly, the lawyer can expound on all the details and processes that you would undergo before having your financé(e) obtain permanent residency in the United States. A lawyer is also open to entertaining any concerns you might have, serving as your legal counsel. 

Having a lawyer makes immigration easier. Apart from helping you with green card worries, other immigration matters such as deportation and asylum can be reviewed, analyzed, and solved by an attorney. An attorney from Farmer & Wright can provide personalized solutions to your immigration issues. Contact a fiancé green card attorney from Kentucky right now. 

What is a Green Card?

A green card is an immigrant visa for permanent legal residency. Holders of this green card are allowed certain privileges such as indefinite employment in the United States. Those who wish to obtain a green card have sponsors, either employers or family members, but in this case a partner or a fiancé(e). 

The United States has certain guidelines that individuals must follow before obtaining a green card. Enlist the help of a fiancé visa lawyer from Kentucky to help you navigate the system – without the frustration and helplessness of being alone.

Who is Eligible for a Green Card?

The first step to getting a green card is finding out if you are eligible. There are certain criteria one must first meet, such as but not limited to: 

  • Properly filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status;
  • Being physically present in the United States when you file the Form I-485;
  • Being examined and admitted to the U.S. on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa;
  • Entering a bona fide marriage within 90 days of admission into the U.S. with the citizen who filed the Form I-129F or Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) on your behalf;
  • Being eligible for an immigrant visa;
  • Not having any bars to status adjustment apply to you;
  • Being admissible to the U.S. for lawful permanent residence; 

On the road to getting a green card, the fiancé(e) of a US Citizen may apply for K 1 visa to lawfully enter and stay in the US – for a time. However, this visa also has certain eligibility requirements, such as:

  • To have a US Citizen (not a lawful permanent resident or green card holder) as an intended spouse;
  • To be eligible to marry by law;
  • To have a genuine intention for marriage;
  • To have had seen the partner in person for the past two years; 

The above items will have to be proven through documentary evidence such as certificates, letter, affidavit or statement detailing the veracity of the fiancé-fiancée relationship. 

Moreover, an individual cannot apply for a Fiancé Green Card if they don’t (eventually) marry their U.S. citizen petitioner. However, if the individual is granted U nonimmigrant status or T nonimmigrant status, they may be able to apply for a green card based on other categories. 

What are the Bars to Adjustment?

One may be barred from adjusting status depending on the manner they entered the United States or if they have violated immigration law. An individual cannot apply for adjustment of status if they have broken one or more bars to adjustment in section 245c of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). 

How Should One Prepare for a Green Card Interview?

If you’ve been sponsored for a green card, you are to be scheduled for an interview. To ensure a smooth-sailing process, be sure to collect and organize all documents and evidence for the interview. Examples of evidence can be in photographs and bank statements along with a marriage certificate as proof. 

The USCIS officer will interview you on statements you’ve noted in your application, which is why reviewing it is crucial. Remember to be honest during the interview since every question counts and can make or break your application. Explain thoroughly if there are any changes in your situation. 

Call our Fiancé Green Card Lawyer From Kentucky Now!

The process to obtain a green card comes with plenty of ups and downs but the benefits of being a permanent resident and enjoying rights and freedoms far outweigh the hardships. When petitioning for a green card for a fiancé of fiancée, remember that every detail is crucial. To avoid confusion, get in touch with a fiancé green card lawyer from Famer & Wright, PLLC. 

An experienced immigration attorney can do plenty to help you advance in your applications to have your loved ones by your side as you take on the world together in a new country. An attorney can provide legal advice, offer the best solutions to your immigration concerns, and guide you in making sound decisions. Schedule an appointment with a green card lawyer from Farmer & Wright, PLLC right now. 

Kentucky Bankruptcy Attorneys

Call Us Today

We are committed to your privacy. By submitting, you agree the phone number you provided may be used to contact you by the law firm and its affiliates (including autodialed, pre-recorded calls or text messages). If you want us to contact, you without consenting to these methods of communication, feel free to call our numbers.

Paducah Social Security Disability Attorney

We tell you what to do


Request our FREE book today!

Social Security Disability Claim Denied?

Hopkinsville Kentucky Bankruptcy Lawyer

The Road to Recovery


Request our FREE book today!

Struggling with debt? Find out how to get back on

Kentucky Personal Injury Attorneys

We tell you what to do


Request our FREE book today!

Injured in a vehicle accident, slip & fall or dog bite?

Bankruptcy Attorneys
Thank you letter
Bankruptcy Law Firm Reviews

Choose a Location

Which location would you like to meet us at?

Scroll to Top