What's going on with my Social Security Disability Claim?
- As much as Farmer & Wright would have liked an immediate decision, the majority of Hearings end without a decision from the Judge.
- After the Hearing, it takes approximately 90 days (on average) to receive notification of the decision.
- There is nothing any law firm can do that speeds up the process.
- There is NO set time for the Judge’s to get the decisions out. Judges are not required to respond within a specific deadline.
- If they have received a decision, Farmer & Wright should receive our copy as well.
If you receive an unfavorable decision
If you receive an Unfavorable Decision, Farmer & Wright will review the decision when we receive it. While this is not the result we wanted, we are going to be considering all options. We will be in contact with you to let you know the next steps.
If you receive a favorable decision
If you receive a Favorable Decision, this is GREAT news. There are still a few more steps before you receiving monthly benefits. Farmer & Wright will be in contact with you on the process of obtaining your back pay and monthly benefits.
- If SSA calls, the client needs to answer their questions so that SSA can get their payments set up and going.
Request your free copy of our book
Understanding Social Security Disability
Knowledge is power. If your Social Security Disability claim has been denied, it is vital for you to understand your rights and how to fight your denial. Now is not the time to give up! Request our FREE book, Understanding Social Security Disability to learn how to win.